Went to the stash and pulled this kit. I wanted a 1/48 selection that was not going make me 'wrestle' it together and 'fix' to build it. I started this last Saturday so I believe it qualifies for 'Corona' build.
The kit, the box art is top notch. My progress. It will be box stock. I am trying to pick-up my build pace a bit. I have eliminated base coating and applied Alclad directly to the styrene. I only applied Alclad to areas of the airframe I plan on chipping. The top photo shows where I am presently. Alclad applied to to leading edges of the wing, engine cowls, walkway, cockpit edges, armament service doors, fuel filler caps and leading edges of the tail planes. Ammo by MIG scratches fluid has been applied to those areas that have Alclad applied. Some pre-shading on the upper surfaces has been completed.
Today my objective is to complete panel line pre-shading on the lower surfaces, wash the engines which have been metalized, finish the landing gear, which I fabricated brake lines, and paint and mask the 'theater' markings in preparation for top-coat paint. I am going to try a new product I procured from Uschi van der Rosten, https://www.uschivdr.com/shopping-categories/shop-photo-etch/ I will post-up and let you know how well this effect does or does not work.
Mean while, Duck and Cover........wait, wrong generation thing....... Social Distance safely!
ok - sorry - just found another model that I've decided to use as my template... it'll give me another chance to use the hairspray/distemper treatment:
Same basic underlying scheme, just with the distemper.
From what I can tell, the old Lindberg kit I have (yes - I think it's the only Lindberg kit in my stash!) is a B2/R4 with the Mk 101 30mm gun pack, and that it served on the Eastern front. With that in mind, I'm looking at a scheme something like this (this shows the 7.5cm cannon - not what I'll use):
I'm planning on giving this a similar external treatment that I did that Frog Barracuda - sand off the raised details and re-scribe. May also need to file/sand off the exhausts as they are clumsily molded on, and scratch build. Not sure what else it'll need. It's a VERY simple kit with limited parts, so once I get the scribing done it should go together pretty quickly! Need to find some decals...